Presented By Stephen Desmond
The Handbook sets out the lenders’ title and enquiry requirements, but its numerous clauses are loaded with potential pitfalls for the busy conveyancer.
This presentation adopts a practical approach to dealing with key problems faced by conveyancers when representing both borrower and lender.
Matters covered include –
- Purchase price: Discrepancies and money from a third party
- Back-to-sales and sub-sales: what are the risks?
- Planning and Building Regulations infringements: the risk of enforcement
- Restrictive covenants: reasonable enquiries to be made about a breach
- Buildings insurance: especially with regards to apartment blocks
- Bankruptcy entries: you must be satisfied they do not relate to the borrower
- Lender requesting borrower’s file: can you refuse to release it?