The 25 May 2018 is a very important date for your diary in relation to data protection. The new GDPR was passed in May 2016 which means that the new obligations and procedures must be in place by 25 May 2018.
The clock is ticking and you need to start getting ready for the significant changes that will need to be made in relation to data protection in your firm.
If you are the compliance officer or data protection officer what will this mean for you? Will your role change? What will you need to have in place to be compliant?
This course will help to guide you through the changes looking at both the Data Protection Act and the GDPR considering the following:
- Brexit and the new Data Protection Bill
- The SRA Handbook and Code of Conduct in relation to Data Protection
- Change comparison:
- Definitions – 27 new definitions in the GDPR
- Principles – out with the old and in with the new?
- Data subject rights – enhanced rights
- Subject access requests
- Data Protection Officer – what will the role entail
- Compliance – the reporting of breaches
- Data Impact Assessments
- How to start to prepare for the new regime
- How you can prevent breaches now
- Action plan to help prepare for the future